For immediate release
22 June 2016
More time to have your say online
NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and NHS Greater Huddersfield CCG have extended the timescale for people to complete the Have your Say survey online,to 5pm on Friday 24 June.
A technical issue occurred between 11pm and midnight on Tuesday, 21st June, which meant that some people were unable to submit their survey online during this timeframe.
The technical issue has now been resolved, and we have extended the opportunity for people to complete their survey on-line until 5.00pm on Friday 24 June.
We apologise for the inconvenience, and encourage people to complete the survey online.
If you experience any further issues with accessing the survey please email the Independent Review Website Development Team via firstname.lastname@example.org
The consultation ended at midnight on Tuesday, 21 June.
The consultation is about proposed changes, transforming services and making them sustainable for the future. Under the proposals:
- There would be two Urgent Care Centres – one at Calderdale Royal Hospital (CRH) and one at the Acre Mills site, Huddersfield. Many people who go to A&E now could be treated in an Urgent Care Centre;
- All emergency, acute and high risk planned care would be brought together at Calderdale Royal Hospital (CRH);
- A smaller number of patients with serious multiple injuries or burns would continue to go to a Specialist Emergency Care Centre, such as Leeds or Wakefield, as they do now;
- There would be significant investment in a state-of-the-art Planned Care Centre on the Acre Mill site, Huddersfield, with 120 beds and 10 operating theatres;
- The proposed new model of care would be supported by further strengthening community services;
- Consultant-led maternity services would remain at CRH;
Many services would stay at both hospitals:
- Day case surgery;
- Outpatient services for adults and children;
- Midwifery-led maternity unit
For more information, please contact the consultation team on 01484 464212.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
- NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG and NHS Greater Huddersfield CCG are leading the Right Care, Right Time, Right Place public consultation.
- The views of patients, members of the public, NHS staff, partner organisations and interested parties are being sought
- No final decisions will be made until the CCGs have concluded consultation and have properly considered the information gathered through consultation
- During that time, the CCGs will work within the Joint Overview and Scrutiny arrangements operating across the councils of Calderdale and Kirklees to make sure that they have satisfied their requirements and enabled them to fulfil their duties.
- The CCGs believe that the earliest that they will be in a position to make a final decision will be October 2016.