Wednesday 13 April, 2016
PUBLIC MEETINGS TO DISCUSS PROPOSED CHANGES TO HOSPITAL SERVICES
NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and NHS Greater Huddersfield CCG are inviting local residents to attend a public meeting to learn about proposed changes to hospital and community health services, ask questions and find out how they can give their views.
Under the proposed changes, there would be two Urgent Care Centres – one at Calderdale Royal Hospital and one at the Acre Mills site, Huddersfield. All emergency, acute and high risk planned care would be brought together at Calderdale Royal Hospital (CRH) and the Acre Mills, Huddersfield, site would be developed as a hospital dedicated to planned care. The proposed new model of care is supported by further strengthening community services.
The meetings will be held on Thursday, April 14th, 6.00pm – 8.00pm at North Bridge Leisure Centre, Halifax, HX3 6TE and on Monday, April 18th, 6.00pm – 8.00pm at the John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield, HD1 6PG. British Sign Language (BSL) and palantypist services will be provided. The venues are disabled friendly. Anyone who has additional needs, or who wants to check that the venue meets their needs, should contact 01484 464212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a short presentation about the proposed changes followed by a question and answer session.
For health and safety reasons, attendance is restricted at both venues. However if public demand exceeds capacity, additional public meetings with an independent Chair may be arranged.
To ensure as many people have access as possible, the meetings will be live streamed to help anyone who cannot attend hear directly what is said.
Anyone who wishes to view the stream should download Periscope for Twitter from the App store for iOS or Android.
Follow us on Twitter@rcrtrp and you will be notified automatically that we are broadcasting live.
All live steams on Periscope are available to view for up to 24 hours after an event.
Follow us on Facebook and the video post will appear with a notification that the broadcast is live. Films are available to view until the post is deleted. Due to limitations on length of Facebook live videos, we may need to restart a new live session during the meeting.
All live streaming is subject to local WIFI access.
There are many more opportunities for the public to learn more about the proposed changes over the next ten weeks, at Information sessions, where they can have a direct conversation with hospital consultants, General Practitioners and nurses as well as ask their individual questions and find out more.
The consultation document, summary, and survey are available at www.rightcaretimeplace.co.uk or by calling 01484 464212 or texting 07771 334724.
Members of the public, patients and staff have until June 21 2016 to make their views known.
CONSULTATION INFORMATION SESSIONS AND PUBLIC MEETINGS
|Dates – 2016||Time||Venue||Event|
|Thursday, 14 April||18:00 – 20:00||North Bridge Leisure Centre, Halifax,
|Saturday, 16 April||10:00 – 16:00||Paddock Junior and Infant School, Paddock,
|Information Session (Drop-in)|
|Monday, 18 April||18:00 – 20:00||John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield,
|Wednesday, 20 April||14:00 – 20:00||Central Methodist Church, Todmorden, OL14 5AW||Information Session (Drop-in)|
|Thursday, 21 April||14:00 – 20:00||DRAM Centre, Dalton, HD5 9RP||Information Session (Drop-in)|
|Thursday, 28 April||14:00 – 20:00||Reinwood Community Changing Rooms (FOCAL), New Hey Road, HD3 4DD||Information Session (Drop-in)|
|Saturday, 30 April||10:00 – 16:00||Civic Hall, Brighouse, HD6 1RW||Information Session (Drop-in|
|Tuesday, 03 May||14:00 – 20:00||Threeways Centre (Old Ridings School), Ovenden, HX3 5SW||Information Session (Drop-in)|
|Tuesday, 10 May||14:00 – 20:00||Holmfirth Civic Hall, Huddersfield Rd , HD9 3AS||Information Session (Drop-in)|
|Saturday, 14 May||10:00 – 16:00||Textile Centre, Red Doles Lane, Leeds Road, HD2 1YF||Information Session (Drop-in)|
|Wednesday, 18 May||14:00 – 20:00||Orangebox, Halifax, HX1 1AF||Information Session (Drop-in)|
|Thursday, 26 May||14:00 – 20:00||Fartown Village Hall, Fartown, HD2 1AN||Information Session (Drop-in)|
|Wednesday, 01 June||14:00 – 20:00||Clay House, Greetland, HX4 8AN||Information Session (Drop-in)|
All venues are disabled friendly. Anyone who has additional access needs such as British Sign Language (BSL), language interpreter or other, or who wants to check the venue meets their needs, should contact 01484 464212 or email email@example.com.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
- NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG and NHS Greater Huddersfield CCG are leading the Right Care, Right Time, Right Place public consultation.
- The public consultation runs from Tuesday March 15th until Tuesday June 21st
- The views of patients, members of the public, NHS staff, partner organisations and interested parties are being sought
- A series of information sessions and public meetings will be taking place over the consultation period where people can find out more about the proposals, ask questions and give their views.
- During the consultation the NHS will describe why they believe that change is necessary and improve understanding about the need for change. The consultation is also an opportunity to test out whether there are other ideas that the CCGs have not considered.
- No final decisions will be made until the CCGs have concluded consultation and have properly considered the information gathered through consultation
- During that time, the CCGs will work within the Joint Overview and Scrutiny arrangements operating across the councils of Calderdale and Kirklees to make sure that they have satisfied their requirements and enabled them to fulfil their duties.
- The CCGs believe that the earliest that they will be in a position to make a final decision will be October 2016.